Reports to: Director, Development
Location: New York, NY (on site and remote – expected to work from the office 3 times a week)
The Development Manager is a full-time benefit eligible position whose main function is in assisting the organization in overall stewardship efforts with an emphasis on donor retention, prospect research and data health and integrity.
We are looking for a data-leaning development professional who is also interested in front-facing fundraising. The individual must be independent, proactive, motivated and detail-oriented, with an understanding and interest in data management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Partner with Director, Donor Development to develop strategy and execution of annual fund efforts including memorial giving, matching gifts, workplace giving and more
- Manage and steward a portfolio of monthly donors and annual fund donors to achieve retention and upgrade goals
- Act as lead resource in utilization of the organization’s prospect management tool Research Point
- Collaborate, strategize and ideate with development team to understand goals/needs and ensure proper data usage that supports effective decision making and organization goals.
- Oversee and ensure effective utilization of donor database while managing functions including data entry, data quality, cash and in-kind donations, production of reports, tax receipts, credit card donations, and recurring gifts
- Manage matching gift program and platform (Double the Donation) to maximize matching gift opportunities with donors and larger gifts to fundraisers. Utilize these tools to identify corporate prospects and engage associated donors
- Work with finance daily to achieve gift entry performing and owning the Raiser’s Edge portion of data entry
- Perform monthly reconciliation with Finance Department
- Work with Senior Manager, Development on data requests and data hygiene
- Serve as LCRF’s main point of contact for all donation related inquiries
Additional job functions
- Assist with Luminate Online emailing system, including scheduling of emails as needed
- Aid in special event planning and execution as needed
- Assist with Development Office tasks and events as needed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 plus years of development experience; including gift entry and preferably daily import process
- Raiser’s Edge experience required, RE NXT experience a plus
- Must have good judgement, can learn on the fly, and have a can-do attitude
- A curiosity about fundraising and philanthropy
- Comfort both working in the database and communicating directly with donors
- Familiarity with Luminate Online, FundraiseUp or Omatic a plus
- Keen attention to detail and acumen to timelines and deadlines is also necessary
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume to jobs@LCRF.org.
About the Lung Cancer Research Foundation
- The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is the pre-eminent nonprofit organization focused on funding innovative, high-reward research with the potential to extend survival and improve quality of life for people with lung cancer. LCRF’s mission is to improve lung cancer outcomes by funding research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer.
- To date, LCRF has provided $39 million in research grants to investigators around the world. In addition to funding lung cancer research, the organization focuses on lung cancer awareness and educational programs.
- The Foundation also hosts community events nationwide through the Free to Breathe Events Program.
- For more information, visit LCRF.org