Senior Director, Communications & Marketing
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is a non-profit organization focused on funding innovative research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. LCRF is seeking candidates for a Senior Director, Communications & Marketing who will play a key strategic role on the Foundation’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
The Senior Director will provide strategic oversight to the Communications & Marketing Team, and will be responsible for managing creative services projects, digital marketing, publications and social media, programmatic strategy, tactical development and implementation, writing, and editing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
Bachelor’s degree with minimum of six of more years of successful experience in communications and marketing, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation is a healthcare nonprofit that offers competitive salaries and flexible work environment, opportunities for growth and an excellent benefits package.
Senior Director, Communications & Marketing
Lung Cancer Research Foundation
155 E 55th St, Suite 6H
New York, NY 10022
The Senior Director provides strategic oversight to the Communications & Marketing Team and will be responsible for managing creative services projects, digital marketing oversight, programmatic strategy, tactical development and implementation and team management. Will contribute to writing, editing, and other skills as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop organization wide cohesive marketing and communications vision and strategy with ability to direct and implement plans at every level.
- Develop LCRF’s national brand with strategy for acquiring and retaining new constituents.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to optimize LCRF’s initiatives and provide recommendations and guidance for achieving desired results.
- Track, analyze, inform and report on key performance indicators (KPI).
- Develop, manage, and oversee marketing and communications staff.
- Direct development of annual program marketing plans. Ensure tactics are embedded in monthly communications activities (eblasts, social media, P2P campaign communications, etc.).
- Participate and lead where appropriate enterprise-wide strategy discussions and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Oversee all digital marketing channels, including website and social media.
- Department Supervision
- Supervise and mentor Digital Marketing Manager and intern.
- Identify training opportunities on new advancements, techniques, tactics, and trends in communications & marketing.
- Manage external vendors required to execute marketing and communications efforts.
- Plan and administer marketing budget.
- Contribute writing, editing and other skills as needed.
Other duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Successful track record of developing and implementing strategic communication and marketing plans that build engagement.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills competency.
- Experience working with external consultants and agencies.
- Experience managing, supervising and coaching staff; this position will be responsible for supervising 2-3 marketing team members.
- Serve as an effective spokesperson for the organization with media and in other forums.
- Experience and track record with new media and social networks, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; content management systems and web management software; and digital advertising including retargeting and Google AdWords.
- Exhibits good judgment and decision-making ability. Able to prioritize, manage projects, work well with others in a diplomatic positive style.
- Exceptional written communications and editing skills for a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to respond quickly and professionally to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Independent, self-starter who works well with a dynamic team and staff.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree with minimum of six or more years of successful experience in communications and marketing, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This job will be performed in an office environment, primarily sitting at a desk and using a computer and phone. In order to perform the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to walk, bend, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds, operate a computer and other office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel will be required.
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.