Senior Manager of Development
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is a non-profit organization focused on funding innovative research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. LCRF is seeking candidates for Senior Manager (SM) of Development.
About the Role
Reporting to our Senior Director of Development, the Senior Manager will bring a passion for our issues paired with a high-level of expertise and strategic thinking to drive revenue growth to meet the immediate and increasing need for our core programs and build long-term growth opportunities for LCRF.
The SM is both a strategic and tactical position and is responsible for executing and iterating on LCRF’s annual development plan, as well as representing LCRF to individual and institutional donors. In addition, the SM will manage the hands-on work for one to two Signature Events.
This position will work out of the LCRF offices located at 155 E 55th St, New York, NY 10002. Currently, the LCRF team works remotely.
The SM can expect his/her/their work to include:
Leadership and Development Strategy:
- Manage and execute the organization’s annual development and stewardship plans to achieve annual revenue goals and to generate funding to support LCRF and lung cancer research
- Update existing development and stewardship plans with new ideas, industry best practices, and data-driven analysis
- Ensure a robust gift pipeline big enough to hit annual revenue goals by actively managing prospective and current donors, foundations and other funders solicited via proposals, grant applications, multiple appeals, and other fundraising activities
Individual Donor Stewardship and Management
- Partner with Senior Director of Development to identify, cultivate and solicit individual donors for major gifts
- Manage and develop existing initiatives, appeals, and campaigns focused on targeting new donors and stewarding existing donors
- Coordinate and oversee moves and task management for individual giving
- Help develop creative and mission-centric fundraising messaging that articulates the special role and impact of the LCRF’s work
- Work as the primary point of contact to plan and execute one to two Signature Events
- Help to manage the Foundation’s annual fund including, but not limited to: Friends of LCRF sustaining giving program, matching gifts, workplace giving and general unsolicited donations.
- Serve as the main point of contact and manage relationships with existing foundations
- Assist in grant writing for future funding opportunities
- Research and develop relationships with potential foundation prospects
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited college/university.
- 3 – 5+ years of directly related experience in fundraising management required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel are required.
- Experience and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database system
- Superior and demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including:
- ability to keep multiple projects moving toward successful completion
- experience with competing deadlines and priorities, and how to manage them
- familiarity with managing projects against specific budget parameters
- ability to set and meet deadlines
- effective intra-team and cross-departmental communication
- detail oriented
- outstanding organizational skills
- creative and critical problem-solving skills
- strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to address a range of audiences, including donors, volunteers, Board members, vendors and staff
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This job will be performed in an office environment, primarily sitting at a desk and using a computer and phone. In order to perform the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to walk, bend, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds, operate a computer and other office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel may be required.
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.