The Director, Community Engagement will be primarily responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of LCRF’s peer-to-peer event programs, including national growth strategies and relationship management. This role reports to VP, Community Engagement + Outreach.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic growth plans for LCRF’s peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives including national Walk, Kites, and Yoga programs, with emphasis on building plans for successfully returning to in-person events (post-pandemic and beyond) that will yield the greatest ROI for LCRF’s mission
- Partner with Marketing + Communications team to develop mass communication plans for participant recruitment and engagement that align with org-wide plans
Fundraising + Volunteer Management
- Manage, oversee, and serve as lead staff for all Peer-to-Peer fundraising events, including supplemental events (i.e. kickoffs, celebrations, etc.)
- Recruit, manage, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of relationships with volunteers, fundraisers, supporters, and prospects to build affinity and empower and activate constituents in moving LCRF’s mission forward
- Partner with volunteers to develop and lead national committee(s), including LCRF’s Leadership Council
- Identify, recruit, and retain current and prospective partners and sponsors at national and local levels
- Prepare, track, measure, and analyze data to ensure peer-to-peer fundraising goals, benchmarks, and budget are achieved
- Work closely with vendors to ensure event logistics, technology, and communication for events are planned and executed appropriately
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, engage and activate constituents across LCRF’s programmatic and development opportunities
- Collaborate with development team to identify prospects for major gifts and board leadership
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in development, including peer-to-peer fundraising, volunteer and event management
- A dynamic, driven and sophisticated professional excited by the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of the Lung Cancer Research Foundation
- Proven success in executing on goals as well as experience leading and partnering with volunteers to achieve desired outcomes
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and balance big picture strategy and execution against plans
- Values a collaborative environment, enjoys working with a team, and appreciates making connections
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding, articulate and persuasive communication skills, with well-honed relationship building skills and excellent public speaking and presentation abilities
- Ability to travel for meetings and events (up to 20%)
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume to jobs@LCRF.org.