About the Role
Title: Lung Cancer Support Line Intern
Status: Part-time – 12 hours per week
Reports to: Senior Manager, Patient Education & Outreach
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate student to work directly with its Patient Education & Outreach Programs team as an intern. The selected individual will work on the team’s Lung Cancer Support Line and related projects. LCRF’s Lung Cancer Support Line operates Monday-Friday 9am-5pm ET and provides educational resources and support nationwide to lung cancer patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers looking for support for their patients.
We are looking for a commitment of 12 hours per week total with a schedule of Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-1pm ET. The start/end date is January through May 2021. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Patient Education and Outreach and is a remote position. The candidate must reside within the Tri-State (NY/NJ/CT) area.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming communications (e.g. phone, email) for the Lung Cancer Support Line
- Providing follow-up communications to constituents on Support Line-related actions
- Completing data entry into CRM database on Support Line actions
- Work with the Senior Manager to review program metrics and improve operations
- Ensure Support Line Resource Guides are kept up-to-date and relevant for patient needs
- Participate in meetings and other projects relevant to LCRF’s patient-facing programs work
Qualifications/ Skills Required
- Working toward a degree in Social Work or related social services field
- Proven customer service and interpersonal communication skills – prior experience in customer-facing roles strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments within identified time frames
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word); Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus but not required
- Interest in the non-profit sector or working to support the cancer community
- This is a part-time paid internship
- The position is not eligible to participate in any of the LCRF benefit plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, std/ltd and the 401k Plan.
- The position is subject to all LCRF onboarding policies including reference checks, background check
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This job will be performed in an office environment, primarily sitting at a desk and using a computer and phone. In order to perform the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to walk, bend, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds, operate a computer and other office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional travel may be required.
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume to email@example.com.