The 2019 application cycle for this award is now closed. Once additional funding opportunities become available, details will be posted below and announced via our mailing list.
With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and other partners, LCRF is funding research projects with a focus on overcoming disparities in lung cancer. We encourage applications from investigators of all career levels and on a wide variety of disparities-related topics including but not limited to the following:
- Gender disparities in lung cancer burden
- Causes and risk factors for lung cancer among never smokers
- Influence of social and biological risk factors on lung cancer outcomes, access to and use of care, and quality of care
- Genetic and gene-environment interactions
- Interactions and contributions of multiple factors (e.g. smoking, genetics, environment, societal factors) to disparities in lung cancer outcomes
- Contribution of healthcare access and quality to disparities in outcomes
- Disparities related to other factors such as geography, socioeconomic status, and age
For complete details, please refer to the information below and the request for proposals.
Investigators must be affiliated with a non-profit academic or research institution and must fall into one of the following categories:
- Students and fellows
- Tenure and non-tenure track investigators including assistant/associate/full professors, researchers, staff scientists, and clinicians
- The maximum award amount is $150,000 for a period of two years (disbursed at $75,000 per year).
- LCRF will not support institutional indirect / facilities and administrative costs.
- The LCRF grant must be the primary source of support for the project.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted through LCRF’s online grants management system and may be previewed here.
- The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2019 11:59pm, US Eastern time.
- April 1, 2019: Application deadline
- May 31, 2019: Award decisions announced
- July 2019: Projects begin
If you have questions about this funding mechanism, please contact the LCRF office at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (212) 588-1902.