Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- The Site is owned and operated by the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (referred to in this policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
- The Site is not targeted toward, and we do not seek or desire to collect information from, children under the age of 13. Therefore, we will not knowingly request information from persons under such age. Please do not provide any Personal Information to us for any reason unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to do so. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if a child under 13 has provided Personal Information to us through the Site without verifiable parental consent, a parent or guardian may inform us at the address above, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information, subject to applicable law and this Policy. As our organization evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
- Advertisements displayed to you on this Site and elsewhere may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your personally identifiable information and Web site usage Information collected through our Site unless you opt out by following the instructions that can be found the on Network Advertising Initiative’s consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or AboutAd’s Web site at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. (You have to opt-out using each of your Web browsing applications and devices separately.) However, if you opt-out we may still suggest offerings to you on our Site based on your history at our Site.
Lung Cancer Research Foundation
155 East 55th Street, Suite 6E
New York, New York, 10022
Or e-mail us at info@LCRF.org
Opt-In and Opt-Out Rights
You may have the right to opt-in to or opt-out of certain of our uses of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail and postal mail. If you do not want to receive postal mail or e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us at info@LCRF.org or writing to us at Lung Cancer Research Foundation, 155 East 55th Street, Suite 6E, New York, New York, 10022. Please indicate whether you do not want to receive postal mail or e-mail from us. Please understand that it may take us some time to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. In addition, some mailings are prepared well in advance, so please allow up to three months for your request to be properly reflected on our mailing lists. You can also opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We may collect Personal Information such as your name; company name; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; fax numbers; photograph; gender; credit card and other payment information; purchase, site browsing and transaction history; job history and application information; and interests, hobbies and demographic information. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you create an account on our Site; sign up for our newsletters; make online donations; apply for a research grant; sign up as a volunteer; register for our events; complete surveys; contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, or other social forum on the Site; or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site.
Among other things, this information enables us to generate analytics reports on the usage of our Site. To opt-out of your Site Usage Information being included in our Google analytics reports, you may follow the instructions at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
- Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot ike cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, visit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Site using different Web browsers and different computers or devices.
By using our Site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How is your information used?
In addition to as set forth below, we or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use our Site and its features
- processing your donations
- sending you receipts
- administering the Site and your account with us
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- market research
- developing new features and offerings on the Site
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about events and services, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you
- protecting our rights and property
- recovering debt and preventing fraud
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us
- tailoring ads displayed to you on Web sites to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
- with our co-sponsor(s) if we obtain your information in connection with an event, offering, or other promotional activity that is jointly offered by us and any third parties, unless you instruct us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-In and Opt-Out Rights section above
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law
- in connection with an organizational change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets, dissolution or wind down of business
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
We also include tools on our Site that allow you to share and/or publicly post content or information from our Site to your profile on a third party social network. Third party social networking platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how they will use, protect and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from our Site, and we encourage you to read them.
How do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
In addition to as set forth below, your Personal Information is used solely by LCRF or other entities who are involved in the operation of the Site for internal purposes unless you opt in for additional sharing. LCRF’s lists are never sold, rented, or traded to third parties without your consent. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. It is our policy to only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and to prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
We may also share your information:
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Third-Party Ad Servers and Networks
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site and other Web sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other Web sites, the region of the country or world where your IP address indicates you are located, as well as other information about you in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear on this Site and on other Web sites. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. We encourage you to read these businesses’ privacy policies to learn about how they treat your information. For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or Aboutads.info at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (DNT) signals to the web sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under the Site Usage Information section above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Our current and future third party partners, such as web analytics companies and third party ad networks, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Site and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. We may utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your Site usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Access Rights
You may update or modify certain of the Personal Information by contacting us using the Contact Us information above. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
LCRF cares about the safety and security of your transaction, and takes reasonable efforts to secure and protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of your personal information and protect it from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, and loss. LCRF implements appropriate security measures consistent with industry standards. These include use of transport layer security (TLS) throughout the site to encrypt the transmission between this site and its users. Access to LCRF cloud-based servers is limited to authorized personnel. These servers are protected by antivirus and firewalls, all of which are regularly updated, constantly monitored for unauthorized access, and subjected to routine vulnerability testing. As no data security protocol is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our systems or databases, nor can we guarantee personal information we collect about you will not be breached, intercepted, destroyed, accessed, or otherwise disclosed without authorization. Accordingly, any information you transfer to LCRF is provided at your own risk.
If you correspond with us by e-mail or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at info@LCRF.org.
Our website may contain links, banners, widgets, or advertisements that lead to other sites. We are not responsible for these other sites. Unless we expressly state otherwise, LCRF makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that LCRF has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. There are risks associated with using any information, software, or products found on the Internet, and LCRF cautions you to make sure that you understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet.
In addition, we encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our site, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. Please be aware that LCRF is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Please check the privacy statements of these other sites for more information about their policies on collection and use of personal information.
Third Party Links
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We collect and store personal information that you share with us. Below are examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry. We may then collect information such as your name, address, email, or telephone number in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, Kintera BlackBaud Sphere, Square, RunSignUp, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you provide on LCRF’s online donation portal.
- Information you give us on donor forms (such as your name, address, email address and personal financial information).
- Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your fund balance, grant history, and parties to transactions).
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by LCRF. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
LCRF restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Except for Personal Information submitted in connection with seeking employment or as otherwise noted in this Policy, we may use Personal Information we collect about you for any authorized purpose relating to the mission of LCRF and if applicable, the grantseeking program offered on the Site, including evaluating grant applications, providing information to our current and potential partners and donors, and contacting you. We may also disclose and provide such Personal Information to other parties (including persons located outside the United States) who participate in our programs.
We may use or disclose certain Personal Information we collect about you when you visit and browse the Site as part of our normal business operations, or to send you administrative communications either about your interactions with us or about features of the Site, including your grant application or any future changes to this Policy.
In order to provide efficient and reliable services and to improve the Site, we may use or disclose your Personal Information for marketing, research and other business purposes, and we may associate your Personal Information with other information we collect about you, such as details about your usage patterns and interests, but we will not sell this information or disclose it to third parties.
We may also use service providers to facilitate our services or platform functions on our behalf. Non-affiliated companies and individuals that assist LCRF in providing services to you are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it and to use your Personal Information only in the course of providing such services and only for the purposes that we dictate.
All Personal Information you provide related to your potential employment will be used by LCRF strictly for the purpose of evaluating your application and will not be shared by LCRF with any third parties.
LCRF Site Usage Information
Information (e.g., log files, cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) we collect from you through your use of the Site will be used to (a) monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the Site, (b) compile general statistics regarding use of the Site, and (c) analyze demographic information about the Site’s users. We may also use such information for research or improvements of the Site and the services we offer you. This data may also used by LCRF to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your use of the internet indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
Security of Information
LCRF is committed to protecting the security of your personal information transmitted to and from this website and will take reasonable security precautions to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. With respect to financial information that you transmit via Kintera, please review the privacy and data security policies of Kintera, the vendor that will be transmitting your donation information to the entity responsible for processing and settling those transactions.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with applicable law, , including, where applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, you may have the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Access to your personal information;
- Correction of the personal information that we hold;
- Deletion of your personal information;
- A restriction of processing of your personal information;
- Transfer of your personal information to another party; or
- Objection to processing of your personal information based on LCRF’s legitimate interest (or those of a third party) to use it and there is something about your particular situation that causes you to object to such processing.
LCRF considers that it has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your information. LCRF’s mission is to improve lung cancer outcomes by funding research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. This provides LCRF’s lawful basis to use your Personal Information, within the limitations set forth herein.
We endeavor to protect your Personal Information, using technical, administrative and physical security measures. However, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet, and you provide Personal Information to us at your own risk. LCRF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND RELATING TO ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US OR OTHERS THROUGH THE SITE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you believe that you have been a victim of identity theft through this Site, please notify us at info@LCRF.org.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CORPORATION, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, DONORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN. THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF THE CORPORATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND LCRF, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, DONORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ABSENCE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. LCRF DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A GRANT OR ANY OTHER BENEFIT THROUGH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, AND YOU SUBMIT CONTENT TO THIS SITE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
This Policy and your use of the Site are governed by New York law. Any dispute between us relating to this Policy or your use of this Site shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in the borough of Manhattan, New York City.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Effective Date.” In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes. If we do not hear from you, we would assume that you have agreed to the changes.
Thank you for visiting www.lungcancerresearchfoundation.org!
Effective Date: February 26, 2020