LCRF is committed to improving lung cancer outcomes, and we couldn’t do it without your help.
LCRF is supported by individual donors, private foundations, public companies and organizations committed to LCRF’s mission.
The information below provides an in-depth explanation of how LCRF allocates funds, as well as the Foundation’s strategic goals for the coming year.
To find out more about how grantees use our funds, see our Research section.
How Your Support Helps
LCRF is fully committed to our vision of improving lung cancer outcomes.
- LCRF has funded 416 research grants totaling nearly $43 million, the highest amount provided by a nonprofit organization dedicated to funding lung cancer research.
Supporting Patients and Caregivers:
- LCRF provides free educational materials for patients and caregivers.
- We also offer online patient information, including screening information, inspirational stories, and more.
- Our Lung Cancer Support Line provides education, connections to resources and opportunities for meaningful engagement to help patients and caregivers better face the challenges of lung cancer.
- The Lung Cancer Mutation Consortium helps patients access tumor testing for characteristics that can be targeted by the most effective therapies.
Empowering the Lung Cancer Community:
- LCRF’s Free to Breathe Walk and Free to Breathe Your Way events bring our mission to improve lung cancer outcomes to communities nationwide.
- Our community fundraising program empowers individuals, families and communities to raise funding for crucial research and patient programs.
- LCRF provides public awareness resources help people understand the symptoms and risks of lung cancer.
- Our website provides additional information on the latest updates in these fields.
Note: the following 2023 financial data is from internal, unaudited financial statements.