Fifteenth Anniversary Awards Presentation & Scientific Symposium
November 17, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
We are going virtual! To celebrate its 15th year, LCRF is expanding the traditional Luncheon and hosting an Anniversary Celebration. In addition, the event will be directly followed by LCRF’s inaugural Scientific Symposium featuring top researchers in the field including LCRF grantees.
Together, we are changing what it means to face a diagnosis of lung cancer. We invite you to join us to celebrate those advances, but not settle for them! We invite you to join us to celebrate a brighter tomorrow and a world without lung cancer.
The event will take place virtually in order to safely accommodate as many supporters as possible. For more information, contact Megan McGuinness, Senior Coordinator of Special Events, at mmcguinness@LCRF.org or (212) 493-4038.
Schedule and highlights
12-12:30 PM ET
Reflection on 15 years of lung cancer research and progress
- Scientific update by Dr. Katerina Politi, Associate Professor of Pathology and Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine; Chair, LCRF Scientific Advisory Board
- Patients, survivors, family members and past grantees on the importance of research
- Announcement of the recipients of LCRF’s 2020 grants and presentation of the James B. Dougherty Award for Distinguished Research in Lung Cancer
1-2:30 PM ET
Inaugural LCRF Scientific Symposium
- State of Lung Cancer Research
- Roundtable Discussion: Overcoming Resistance, moderated by Dr. Katerina Politi with panelists from esteemed institutions across the country
Symposium Roundtable Discussion: Overcoming Resistance
Katerina Politi, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology and Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine; Chair, LCRF Scientific Advisory Board
- Christine Lovly, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology and Assistant Professor of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center; Member, LCRF Scientific Advisory Board
- Karen Reckamp, MD, Professor, Division of Medical Oncology, Associate Director for Clinical Research, Director of Medical Oncology, Women’s Guild Lung Institute, Cedars-Sinai; Member, LCRF Scientific Advisory Board
- Anthony Faber, PhD, Mass General Hospital, Harvard Medical School; 2012 LCRF Grantee
- Victoria Wang, MD, PhD, University of California, San Francisco; 2015 LCRF Grantee
- Yasir Elamin, MD, University of Texas; Anderson Cancer Center, 2016 LCRF Grantee